An update to my MacBook story!

This entry is intended to be a real quick update to the past weeks unfolding events, in my story of the universe scheming and plotting to get me a MacBook Pro.


(I know that its only a matter of time until this laptop is in my hands)


Since last time, I've thought about the custom-made tablet Mac... and I would rather wait for the official touch-screen MacBook that Apple will create one day. Until then, I'll pay a lot less money for a lot better computer.

I've researched it, and the Pro MacBook is, although more expensive than the regular, is totally worth it. With the Pro, I can also play dx10 games, have faster firewire, a bigger screen, more ram, bigger hard drive, and other better features here and there. Essentially, I'll feel like its really my computer, and that I'm not sacrificing just because my mind says "but how?" pfft.

So, I was sitting the other day and thought "Oh! I should contact my friend who used to work at Apple, see what she has to say about this stuff."

Come to find out, she still works there now, and offered me her 15% employee discount on my purchase. Aint it nice to have friends?

Oh but it gets even better. I continue to enjoy the laptop and become grateful for it... ah, I feel it even now... and then I find out that I can get not just 15% off, but 25% off! I can get a "refreshed" laptop with 10% + 15%...

So what does that mean? It means I can pay 1500$ instead of 2000$ for a brand new MacBook Pro. Abooya.

Oh, and I decided to see what my current Mac fetches for on eBay. A whopping 800$+ (some above 1000$!)... so, yah... I think thats a great tradeoff. Great thing is, my laptop is going to be better than my desktop in every way!

Currently, I can sell my Mac for near 1000$, I can save 500$ on the laptop final price... now where is the last 500$ to seal the deal? Tune in next time to hear another amazing entry into the saga of me obtaining my MacBook Pro...

0 comments: